Check logistics and practicalities for the mediation day:
- Date and start time of the Mediation?
- Location of the Mediation?
- Parking? Other transport needs?
- Who is travelling with whom? Book train tickets, arrange lifts etc.
- Book overnight accommodation?
- Inform everyone in your party of all logistical information. Better to duplicate it than miss something.
- If there are any changes to the individuals attending the Mediation, inform all parties and Consensus as soon as possible. Make sure that any 'substitutes' have authority to settle if necessary..
- Inform Consensus if any members of your party have particular access, dietary, or other requirements – in good time to allow provision to be made.
Remember, these issues may also be a determining factor in the choice of venue and therefore may also need to be factored in to your negotiations with the other party/ies about where the mediation is to be held.